March 25, 2013

Abby's Dresser Makeover & Faux Embroidery Art

My newest client contacted me about painting a dresser for her daughter Abby. She saw the pink ombre dresser I did for my daughter and wanted to do the same on this piece. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a before picture because I misplaced the cord for my camera. 
It's easy to picture the before....imagine it white with a shiny manufactured finish. Oh, there were also burns on the top from a flat iron. 

I mentioned DIY art so the above is just a teaser.

AFTER



 Even though the dresser was already white it was a little beat up so it needed a fresh coat of paint. 
I used chalk paint (as usual), lightly distressed the sides of the drawers, and sealed with paste wax. 

The shades of pink are (from light to dark):  pink chintz, springtime bloom, and fuchsia kiss.
All are by Behr paint and are on the same color swatch (100B).

The pulls are from Hobby Lobby.


If you have ever looked online for ideas to decorate a little girls room or a nursery you have probably seen the embroidery hoops with scrapbook paper. 

This is just one example but there are many. 

Well, money is a little tight sometimes and I didn't want to spend money on embroidery hoops or fabric or scrapbook paper....etc.



I used things I already had on hand. I used a diaper box for the backing, ribbon to hide the cardboard, scrapbook paper, and the rosettes I used to make for decoration. 


If you would like to see a tutorial let me know in the comments or on my facebook page.



Here is one more after picture of Abby's new dresser





15 comments:

  1. So cute, love it Helen. You do really nice work.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dresser is Beautiful!! I love all of your re-do's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how fun and fresh this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This so bright and cheery. I love it and the colors.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like doing mine with fabric! the dresser is so fun and bright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas! I am in the process of planning out and decorating my nursery for baby girl to be! I just scored a great old dresser today that I am planning to refinish it. I love the way you used 3 shades of pink! Looks amazing and I love to embroidery hoop art! Inspiring me with great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this dresser! Thank you for the info on the colors. I love Behr paint and I will look for that swatch. Here via Elizabeth and Co. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so darling. I might try this on a boy dresser. He likes pink, but maybe blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This adorable! I bet Abby is in love with her new pink and white dresser. Thanks for sharing this at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful shades of pink! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooooo cute! I want one!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dresser. The shades of pink are just perfect!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dresser is fantastic! I like the look of ombre *but* this is exceptional! I also adore the the faux embroidery hoop art - absolutely precious. I would love to see how you created the roses :) I came over from Elizabeth & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning and marvelous job done Embroidery Fonts . I really love your embroidery work.

    ReplyDelete